Customer feed back led us to push for better design, something stronger, more versatile, and adjustable. A common complaint on the fist gen design was the use of a spacer was needed to clear the inner workings of the wiper and the spare tire horn. The new design improves upon that and removes the need for any extensions or plates. This allows those with back up cameras to have the same view they enjoy now. and nothing needs to change.
Things that were addressed with design 2.0.
- Brand new aluminum frame is designed out of 1/4 thick 4000 series sheet.
- Weight has been reduced from 18.5lbs to 15.1 lbs
- All welds have been eliminated for durability
- A new 2 piece design for easy removal from truck with out taking the spare tire off.
- Adjustable mounting positions allow tire sizes from stock 31" all the way to a 37"
- Modular design to allow future line expansion of Max-Trax and High-Lift mounts.
- Does not interfere with entry to rear door or operation of rear window
- 10 Grade 10.9 Zinc Plated bolts secure the mount to the base plate
- Retains all stock back up camera mount and does not obstruct camera in any way
- 2 piece design allows for far less expensive shipping
We have a few prototype models out there enduring testing at the moment to see if there is any changes that need to be made, but so far response is great and they are doing well. Pre orders are being accepted now, Shipments will start to go out in late May just in time for your summer trips!
We are running a first run group sale to kick this off for pre orders so check out the site and extend your exploration range.
- Please don't over weigh the mount. Its been tested to hold a max of 70lbs of fluid or gear. Just because the mount holds the weight, does not mean that the rear door along with other accessories you have added will hold the weight.
- If you have over a 120 lbs of wheel and tire on the spare already, I don't recommend adding this mount unless you keep it to 4 gallons max.
- The new design does not allow the rear wiper to contact the window any longer, you are welcome to self modify the wiper blate (bow it) To clear the mount and continue functioning.
- Prototype model shows small stress cracks in bends due to the prototype being made in 6000 series aluminum by mistake. the 4000 series sheet this does not happen.